Much of my blog will not only be following my cheap choices and sweet deals, but will also feature my boyfriend, Matthew, who has been and will continue to be a major part of my frugal life — so, I felt that it would help for you all to know a few things about us as a couple:
1. Matthew and I have been dating for about 6 years — since my junior year of high school and his sophomore year (he’s 6 months younger than me — go ahead, call me a cougar). I wouldn’t say it was “love at first sight,” but we started out as cross country teammates, became best friends, and then he wouldn’t leave me alone. After taking me on adventurous dates for nearly a year, Matthew asked me to be his girlfriend and I had no choice but to concede.
2. Although we were in different grades, Matthew and I just graduated from Kennesaw State University (go owls!) together. He finished in 3 years with a B.S. in Finance, while I finished in 4 years with a B.A. in English and a minor in Spanish.
3. We are both extremely frugal, which is one thing that makes our relationship work so well. A finance major who recently got a job at CoBank (the biggest bank you’ve never heard of), Matthew is very financially savvy. Me — on the other hand — I’m just really cheap. Together, we make frugal choices and save money. It just works out.
*Frugal tip — Find a partner who is equally (or more) frugal as you, because those who save together, stay together.
4. We are both outdoors lovers. From kayaking and hiking, to biking and walking miles and miles and miles (okay, he doesn’t like to walk as much as I do..), we always fill our days with outdoor activities.
5. Matthew has lived in Georgia his whole life and I have lived here since I was five. However, we are ready for bigger and better (I’m talking mountainous) things, which is why we are moving to Denver, Colorado in June.
Now that you know a little bit about us, I hope my posts will be much more enjoyable, as many of them will trace our experiences as we learn to navigate through life — frugally — in new places together.
forever frugal & free,