Big sweet tooth?
I have the biggest sweet tooth. Like, happily-eat-a-whole-container-of-frosting-in-one-sitting sweet tooth.
And as much as I’d love to believe that sweets are good for my health, they just aren’t.
So, I’ve given them up.
I’ve come up with alternatives.
And one of the healthier alternatives I’ve created are what I like to call FroYo Blueberries.
As you know, blueberries are super super good for you (all those nutrients!) AND so is yogurt (well, the ones without a ton of sugar). And luckily, this healthy dessert only requires those 2 ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt (I use the vanilla flavor, but this could work with other flavors too – just not regular non-flavored greek yogurt b/c that’s way too bland)
- Fresh Blueberries
& here’s what you do:
- Place parchment paper (or aluminum foil) on top of a tray
- Wash your blueberries
- Dip each blueberry into the greek yogurt. You can do this by hand or with a spoon, but either way, make sure they’re smothered!
- Place yogurt-covered blueberries on the parchment paper tray
- Place tray with blueberries in the freezer for ~30 minutes
- After ~30 minutes, remove from freezer and enjoy!
These blueberries are the perfect sweet snack.
I usually make these at night when I’m craving something sweet – anyone else have to end the night on a sweet note?
Let me know what you think or if you have any other dessert alternatives in the comments.