Let’s be real.
Sweets are a necessity.
Especially during these uncertain times.
For that reason, I had to figure out a way to make a healthy version of one of my favorite sweets: brownies.
So, I did.
& I only needed 5 ingredients to do it
(FYI I eyeballed most of this and it could serve up to 4 people):
- 1 mashed banana (overripe is best)
- ~2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ~2 tbsp peanut butter
- ~2 tbsp maple syrup
- A handful of dark chocolate chips
The process is even simpler:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place aluminum foil in a pan and grease with cooking spray
- Mash up the banana in a bowl
- Add the cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips
- Mix everything together until smooth
- Scoop/pour into aluminum foil pan
- Bake for ~20 minutes (or until toothpick stuck in middle of brownie comes out *nearly* clean)
- Remove & allow to cool slightly
- Enjoy warm or place in freezer for 5 minutes to enjoy cold
I was honestly super impressed with how good these turned out!
Whether you choose to enjoy them hot or cold, they are super rich and delicious! I bet they’d be extra delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Give these a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.