Before quarantine, I wasn’t buying bananas that often.
In fact, I wasn’t really buying much fruit at all (other than apples) because, with my morning workouts & commute to work, my breakfasts were always grab-and-go bars and such.
However, throughout quarantine, I’ve been buying a ton of fruit, including bananas.
And we all know how quickly bananas turn.
But did you know how much you can do with them?!
So, I’ve been buying bananas every time I go to the grocery store, as they’ve basically become apart of my daily diet.
One of the newest recipes I’ve tried thanks to my newfound banana love are these Banana Protein Pancakes.
Here’s what I used to make ~8 small pancakes:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dark chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
& here’s how I made them:
- Blend all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) together in a blender until smooth
- Pour circles of the pancake mix on a greased pan over medium heat
- Add dark chocolate chips to each circle (if desired)
- Flip when bubbles start forming on top
- Remove from pan when cooked all the way through (should be fairly quick!)
- Top with butter, syrup, & fruit of choice and enjoy!
These little protein pancakes may be my favorite yet!
What do you like to put in/on your pancakes?
Let me know in the comments below!