Matthew & I have been on the hunt for the best breakfast burritos in Denver for about a year now.
So far, I think Illegal Pete’s takes the lead (you can literally choose everything that goes in it!), followed by Gomez (because that cheese & green chile <3).
But in the midst of our Quarantine Eats, I’ve stumbled upon a new favorite: our homemade breakfast burrito.
Here’s what we use:
- A small potato (I prefer sweet, but Matthew likes regular)
- A handful of diced onions
- 1 egg
- Cheese (your choice!)
- 1 Avocado
- Garlic powder
- Hot sauce (b/c how can you eat a non-spicy breakfast burrito?)
- Tortilla (optional – can also enjoy this as a burrito bowl!)
& here’s how we made it:
- Melt butter or spray a pan with cooking spray over medium heat
- Cut potato into small cubes and cook on pan with diced onions, hot sauce, and garlic powder
- Once potatoes and onions start browning, crack egg into pan and cook with onions and potatoes
- Prepare tortilla on a plate & add eggs, potatoes and onions once done
- Top with avocado, cheese, and hot sauce
- Roll it up and enjoy!
This breakfast burrito was absolutely delicious (like better than it even looks).
You can also enjoy it in a bowl if you don’t want the tortilla!
The only thing that could have made this better was some green chile from Gomez.
Do you love breakfast burritos as much as we do?!
What do you like to put in yours?
Let me know in the comments below.