Spaghetti squash was one of my newer discoveries of 2019, so I’ve had at least a year to appreciate it.
But with so much time during quarantine, we’re able to have a bit more fun with it, adding all the best ingredients – like fresh mushrooms.
Here’s what we used to make our ‘Shroomy Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Lots of fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- A handful of spinach
- Pesto or red sauce
- Garlic powder (& other spices)
& here’s how we made it:
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove seeds, and place face down on aluminum foil-covered pan. Cook for ~25 minutes
- When there’s ~10 minutes left for your spaghetti squash, begin roasting the mushrooms and onions on a pan over medium heat
- Add garlic powder and any other spices you prefer
- When mushrooms & onions begin browning, fold in spinach
- Stir in red sauce and/or pesto & remove from heat
- Remove spaghetti squash from pan & let cool sightly before scooping it out with a fork and placing in a bowl
- Place your saucy mushroom mixture on top of the spaghetti squash and sprinkle on some cheese
- Stir the mixture & spaghetti squash together and enjoy!
It may look a little messy (because it was – what pasta isn’t?), but what matters is that it was truly delicious!
What do you like to do with your spaghetti squash?
Let me know in the comments below!