Even after traveling to NYC and eating way too much pizza, somehow Matthew was still craving pizza the other day. I, however, have been determined to get back into healthy eating ever since we got back from our road trip.
So, we made a compromise: homemade healthier pizza made w/ oat flour + all the healthy toppings we could find in our fridge.
Here’s what we used:
- 3/4 can of light beer of choice (we used Coors light)
- Your choice of toppings! Here’s what we used:
- Red bell peppers
- Green peppers
- Bell peppers
- Quorn meatless chicken
- Marinara sauce
& Here’s how we did it:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Scoop 4 cups of oats into a blender and blend until it turns into flour
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 3 cups of oat flour with 3/4 can of light beer
- Mix until the mixture becomes sticky and starts to pull away from the side of the bowl
- Spread the extra cup of oat flour on the counter
- Scoop the dough onto the floured counter and knead it until it becomes smooth and stops sticking to your hands (add more flour if it keeps sticking)
- Spread dough across oiled pan and form into the shape of a square pizza (heads up: it will be thin b/c we didn’t let the dough rise – if you want a thicker pizza, let the dough sit, covered, for at least 15 minutes before spreading across pan)
- Add toppings (my favorite part)
- Bake in pre-heated oven for ~30 minute or until pizza is cooked all the way through
- Enjoy while watching a movie and sipping some wine (jk this is my favorite part)
This pizza may be super thin, but it was also super delicious! The best part was eating this comfort food without feeling toooo bad about it, thanks to the oat flour. Oh, and enjoying this while watching our first October snow of the year falling outside was pretty perfect too.
Give it a try & let me know what you think in the comments below!