Earlier sunsets bring colder nights bring cozy evenings bring comfort food.
Two of my favorite comfort foods are 1. soup and 2. chicken pot pie. So, I figured, why not combine the two? Hence, chicken pot pie soup. With a twist of health.
The best part? The recipe is super easy, super cheap, and healthier than your usual chicken pot pie (thanks to Greek yogurt & almond milk).
Here’s what we used (for ~10 servings of soup):
- 6 pounds of chicken
- 1 bag of frozen peas & carrots
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 bag of frozen onions
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk (adjust based on how soupy you want it)
- A mix of spices: cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder
- Cheese (for topping)
- A can of biscuits (optional, but highly recommended b/c look what you can do with them in the image below)
& here’s how we made it:
- Cut the chicken into small squares and place in Crockpot
- Add spices and stir in w/ chicken
- Turn Crockpot on high and let chicken cook for ~2 hours
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, dump all the frozen veggies into the Crockpot
- Let the frozen veggies cook down before adding the almond milk and greek yogurt
- Cook in Crockpot for ~3 more hours
- Enjoy with biscuits and top w/ cheese!
I love this dish because you can enjoy it in so many ways. Whether you put the soup on top of the biscuits, dip the biscuit in the soup, or enjoy the soup by itself, you can’t go wrong.
Give it a try and let me know what you think about it in the comments below!