Trader Joe’s never fails.
Not with their fruit, their vegetarian meats, their cheese, and most importantly: their sauce.
One of my favorite, easy meals contains one main ingredient: TJ’s Masala Simmer Sauce. And then, of course you can get all of the other ingredients for this tikka masala dish at TJ’s too and it’s just all SO good.
Here’s what you need (makes ~6 servings):
- 1 jar TJ’s Masala Simmer Sauce
- 1 bag of Basmati Rice
- 1 block of tofu
- 1 bag of Frozen Peas (or any other green veggie, really)
- Naan (optional, but highly recommended – get the garlic naan from TJ’s!)
& here’s how you make it:
- Press tofu and cut it up into squares before placing on a stove pan
- Cook tofu on medium heat for 5 minutes before turning over to cook on other side for another 5 minutes
- When crispy, add masala sauce and allow to cook for another ~5 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package instructions
- Heat up peas and add to rice once cooked
- To serve, combine tofu w/ masala sauce and rice w/ peas and enjoy with naan
This meal is so easy and flavorful – perfect for any week night dinner!