While I’m definitely more of a breakfast burrito person, I can go for a breakfast sandwich every now and then. And that’s exactly what we decided on for Thanksgiving breakfast.
Yep, I said Thanksgiving breakfast. Although many people may skip breakfast or have a very small breakfast to save room for the delicious meal that comes later in the day, Matthew and I had a very non-traditional Thanksgiving this year (as I’m sure many of you did). For us, this meant, a big breakfast to begin the day!
Here’s what went into our sandwiches:
- 1 English muffin
- 1 egg (over easy for me 🙂 )
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 pieces of bacon (a rare occurrence in our household)
- Hot sauce
And, as you can imagine, it was a very easy meal to put together.
Here’s how that went down:
- Start by cooking the bacon! Everyone does this a different way – we put ours in the oven to get it extra crispy
- When the bacon is done, begin cooking your egg – whatever style you prefer (over easy is the best in my opinion)
- While your egg is cooking, toast the English muffin! + start prepping your avocado
- Then, stack everything together on your English muffin – don’t forget the hot sauce & cheese!
Delicious & easy is how I like my breakfasts. And this is just that.
What do you like to put on your breakfast sandwiches?
Let me know in the comments below!