You can’t make it through the holidays without baking some kind of pumpkin dessert.
For me, that was these pumpkin brownies!
These are not necessarily the “healthiest,” as they are packed with butter & brown sugar, but hey, it’s the holidays and you gotta live it a little.
Here’s what I used for 8 brownies in an 8×8 pan:
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can totally use all-purpose too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
& here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray (or coat it with butter)
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy & light
- Beat in the vanilla and the egg until creamy. Then, beat in the pumpkin puree
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a spoon until well-blended
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
You guys. These were so good. I’m usually not a huge pumpkin person, but I was very pleased with these brownies.
Give them a try & let me know what you think in the comments below!