After being in Georgia for a month, eating too much of my mom’s delicious meals, Matthew and I are back in Denver and determined to be healthy – at least ’til our wedding in June!
For us, that means no alcohol (unless we’re socializing, 1 drink max), lots of smoothies, lots of greens, less carbs, no sweets, and no cheese (devastating, I know).
WE CAN DO THIS.
Especially if we can make each meal as good and easy as the first meal of our health kick: Honey Chipotle Salmon salad w/ quinoa and broccoli.
Here’s what we used:
- Salmon fillets (we used frozen)
- Broccoli (also used frozen)
- For sauce: honey, melted butter, garlic powder, cayenne
& here’s how we made it:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line glass pan with aluminum foil and place thawed salmon on it
- In a bowl, stir the honey, melted butter, garlic powder, and cayenne together until it is a sauce-like consistency. Determine amount of each ingredient by tasting
- Pour honey chipotle sauce over salmon
- Place sauce-coated salmon in pre-heated oven and cook for 15 minutes
- While salmon is cooking, prepare quinoa according to package instructions and heat frozen broccoli
- Remove salmon from pan when cooked through and serve atop spinach, quinoa, and broccoli
- Top with remaining honey chipotle sauce from pan and enjoy!
I’ve never been a big fish lover, but the sauce we made with this salmon made it much less fishy and more spicy-sweet. We’ll definitely be making more of these salads in the future.
How do you like to serve your salmon?
Let me know in the comments below!