Since I’m on a health kick, I’ve been alllllll about eating oats. I usually prefer them baked into my banana blender muffins or as oatmeal, but lately, I’ve been dabbling with overnight oats.
One of my favorite overnight oats recipes to date basically tastes like choco chip banana bread in a cup.
Here’s what you need for 1 serving:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 banana
- A handful of chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
& here’s what you do:
- Mash 3/4 of the banana into the bottom of a sealable jar or cup
- Add oats, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon
- Stir until mixed well and place in fridge for at least 4 hours (the longer, the more flavorful!)
- Once ready, remove from fridge and top with remaining banana, chocolate chips, and peanut butter (if desired)
These were so tasty and it makes me so excited to try more variations of overnight oats!
What do you like to put in your overnight oats?
Let me know in the comments below!