Yes, I have been one of those people who has eaten store-bought hummus for my whole life without once thinking to try making it myself.
BUT I’m here to tell you all that it has happened and my life has changed.
Hummus is soooo easy (and cheap) to make at home; I don’t know why it took me so long to do it. In case you have yet to try it yourself, I’ve put together the simplest recipe for you to try at home.
Here’s all you need for a boatload of hummus (probably like 8-10 servings, no joke):
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt (to taste)
- All-purpose seasoning (we used 21 Salute from Trader Joes)
- Optional: freshly chopped cilantro (to taste)
- Optional: toppings of choice (I used tomatoes & feta)
& here’s all you need to do:
- Place the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, seasoning, and cilantro (if you decide to use it) in a blender and blend until smooth
- Scoop mixture into a serving bowl and top with your preferred toppings
- Grab some pita chips, carrots, celery, or whatever to dip & enjoy!
Like I said, this hummus is sooo easy and honestly, I like it better than most of the store-bought hummus I’ve tried.
Give it a shot and let me know if you agree!