Looking back on when I first started posting about recipes instead of strictly just restaurants, one recipe has really become a staple in my life – nearly 2 years later!
Yep, you guessed it. Those Banana Blender Muffins have been a go-to bake for an easy snack on pretty much a weekly basis. But, I’ve actually started making them w/ a bit of a healthier twist: subbing the vegetable oil for almond milk, getting rid of the baking powder altogether, and adding more oats and a bit less nut butter.
Here’s what you’ll need to make a dozen of these Healthier Banana Blenders:
- 3 bananas (the riper, the sweeter!)
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter (your choice on what type)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
& here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Prep muffin tin w/ muffin liners or cooking spray
- Toss all the ingredients – minus the chocolate chips – into a blender
- Blend until well-mixed (should be super fast!)
- Once well-mixed, stir in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared muffin tin (fill up 3/4 of each cup) & top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake in oven for ~15 minutes
- Remove from oven, let cool, & enjoy!
I really think these banana blenders taste just as good – if not better – than my original recipe. And the best part? They’re healthier!
Give them a try & let me know what you think.